Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's A Zoo!

Days like today are when I begin to understand why people would spend hundreds of dollars to send their kids to summer camp. It's too hot to go outside so the boys are stuck inside for the most part. So they fight, and they fight, and when they're done, they fight some more. It's fun. Really. I should have gone to the pool today, so we were home all day. I should have taken them out, but we've been busy the last couple of days, so I was hoping for a nice quiet day at home. Oh well.

Speaking of that, we finally went to the zoo on Tuesday! While it was hot, there's a lot of shade there, so it wasn't too bad. We got there about 10 am and left around 12:30, so we were out of there before it was too hot. The worst part was heading back to the car. The zoo is in Grant Park, and there are two parking lot, one close to the zoo entrance and one across the park. I parked in the one across the park. It wasn't too bad going to the zoo, since it was downhill to the entrance. Of course, that means that it was uphill to get back to the parking lot. I certainly got my exercise! Anyway, here are some pictures! There's a petting zoo, where you can groom the animals. Matthew went in, but Nathan likes his animals on the other side of a fence.




And no zoo trip would be complete without a picture of Mei Lan, the baby panda!


Wednesday, my parents were here to drop off some things from my grandparents' house. I got the couch that had been in their family room for as long as I can remember. Here it is! Don't worry, I'll be getting a slipcover for it soon, but until then the 80's rule at my house!






No comments: