Thursday, June 19, 2008

Here We Go Again??

So, I took Andrew to the pediatrician today for his six month check-up. While he's growing like a weed, his head is growing faster than a weed. He's over the 99th percentile in head circumference, and his head grew faster from his four month check-up than she was happy with, so she decided to call the neurosurgeon. We weren't scheduled to go back to them for a follow up until the end of August, but they want us to come back now in July. While they aren't too worried about the head size, they are a little concerned about the fact that his forehead is still bulging forward. They said we may have to have him fitted for a helmet. I have no idea what that will look like. I've searched the entire Internet (or all of it that Google can find), and while there are tons of sites and articles about sagittal synostosis and its treatment, and many of them mention helmets, none of them will show me a picture. If I find one, I will post a picture or link here!

No comments: