Thursday, May 28, 2009

Why We Need a Schedule

So yesterday I was enjoying the beauty of a schedule and how it was working for us. Well, today proved that we really do need a schedule.

It was my birthday today, so I was lazy. :-) I got up around 8:30 am. I wanted to get up earlier, but I closed my eyes thinking I'd doze for five more minutes and ended up sleeping soundly for over an hour. I am trying to make up for five months of sleep deprivation, so I guess I deserve a few mornings of sleeping in. Unfortunately, it set our whole schedule off, and I didn't really stick with it. So what happened?

Nathan had a HUGE meltdown just before supper. They started fighting over the computer (because I didn't end their computer time when I was supposed to), so I told them it was time to turn the computer off. Nathan was not happy with that decision, so he flipped out. I sent him to his room, and that set off his meltdown. It's really hard to cook supper when you're listening to someone yell, scream, and kick the door. He finally settled down enough to eat supper and then went outside after supper for a little down time by himself.

So, tomorrow, I'm going to be much better about sticking with our schedule. We are going out to lunch with some mom friends, and then I want to take them to the Crocs store (I can get Crocs for $5!), but once we get home, we're sticking to our schedule like glue for the next couple of days. We really need the structure around here.

No comments: