Saturday, May 2, 2009

I Have a Movie Review!

Cause I actually went to a movie!

This afternoon I went out with some moms from my moms group to go see Ghosts of Girlfriends Past. It's got Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Garner in it, and it was really good. It's a take-off of A Christmas Carol. Matthew McConaughey plays a player who dates girls for all of about 35 seconds before dumping them and thinks true love is for losers. During the weekend of his brother's wedding, the ghost of his uncle (who's played by Michael Douglas) tells him he'll be visited by three ghosts. I'm sure you can imagine how the story ends up, but even though you knew how the story was going to end, it was still entertaining to see it get there. Matthew McConaughey is really funny. I guess I never really imagined that he could do comedy, but there were some laugh out loud parts of this movie. I would definitely recommend it, but it's most definitely a chick flick since there's no explosions or action. (There is one car chase scene that had us in hysterics!)

The best part of the whole movie? The previews for Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Only two months until it comes out! I've already pulled the book out to re-read it in anticipation of the movie.

No comments: