Thursday, May 28, 2009

I Get Excited over the Craziest Things

As this past school year wound down, I was already putting together plans in my head for next fall. I've been doing quite a bit of reading and just recently re-read The Daily Five which describes how to set up your literacy time. It was a fantastic book. I found out on proteacher.net that the authors just came out with a brand new book called The CAFE Book, so I ordered it from amazon on Sunday. Because of the holiday on Monday, it took until today for me to get it. I got it this afternoon, and I just finished it. What can I say? It wasn't very long, and I loved it! Suddenly, how to teach reading makes so much more sense. I went to college when everyone was doing whole language, and I never really kept up on new research when I first started teaching. Now, though, I can't read enough! I've already got three or four more books on my summer reading list. Unfortunately, the public library doesn't really carry the latest in teaching techniques, so amazon is really going to love me.

No comments: