Saturday, January 3, 2009

Things You've Always Wanted to Know About Me!

Or not, as the case may be. :-) This is from Anissa at http://www.hope4peyton.org whose blog I love. I highly recommend it. (It's in the sidebar!)

1. What TV show would you like to live in? and why?
This one was the hardest because my favorite TV shows are crime shows, and let's be honest. Would you want to hang out with the characters from Criminal Minds? That shows about crazy serial killers! I watch it only after I've made sure every door in the house is locked. But after serious thought (seriously!), I decided I want to live on Jon and Kate Plus 8. That way, those kids could actually have someone around who would really care about them rather' than thinking about how they are the next meal ticket. I would play with them, and not worry about them getting dirty. I'd actually sit down and have a conversation with the two older girls instead of just waving off their behavior as "That's just Mady." There are lots of things I would do if I lived with the Gosselin family. I could actually rant about that show for hours, but I won't bore you. ;-)

2. What's the worst date you've ever been on?
This one was a lot easier. I was asked out on a date by someone in my church youth group when I was a junior in high school. He wanted to take me to see the spring musical at his high school and then go to dinner. The only problem? He was in the orchestra for the musical, so I got to sit in the audience with his best friend (who I actually got along with really well). Then the three of us went out for Mexican. I don't think the two of us talked at all during dinner. His best friend and I spent the whole time talking! As you can imagine, there wasn't a second date. I don't even remember his name.

3. What appliance would you absolutely lose it if it disappeared?
My blowdryer. My hair has such a funny wave to it that if I let it dry naturally, it looks completely weird. I have to wash my hair or at least wet it down every morning or else I look like a complete freak. I'd probably also lose it if my curling iron disappeared since I need that to get rid of that funny wave after I blow dry it. I've had mornings where there was no power at my house. That's not pretty.

4. Is there a piece of clothing that you've never forgotten from your childhood?
My grandma would always sew me my Easter dresses when I was little. The one I remember the most was my "Western" outfit. It had a full skirt that would fly up when you spun around and quilted vest. Plus, it was made out of navy blue flowered fabric. (Hey! It was 1982!) I wore it with a white blouse with a frilly collar. I felt like a cowgirl in that outfit! My school pictures from that year were the best.

5. What food do you crave that you'd NEVER serve at a dinner party?
OK, first I'd actually have to have a dinner party. :-) If I did, however, I wish I could serve Jeno's Pizza Rolls. I don't know if there's a more unhealthy food in the world, but they are the absolute best!

Want to be part of it?
Follow these instructions:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by emailing you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Two comments on your answers:

#1 - I've never seen Jon & Kate Plus Eight, but from what I have heard from all kinds of people, I think I would feel the exact same way you do. I saw their book in the Christian bookstore yesterday, and I wanted to vomit on it.

#2 - Who was your date? Why do I know nothing about this? Or maybe I did but can't remember!

Carrie said...

It was a friend of Chad Ramsey's. They went to Memorial together. I think he came to youth group for about six months or so.

Anissa Mayhew said...

Awww, your Grandma's dresses are SWEET! That's a great clothing memory.

And you can invite me over for pizza rolls after I get moved to GA. hint hint