Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to School Today

Today was our first day back after winter break. Actually, I had to go back on Friday for a teacher day, but we'll just pretend that didn't happen. I have thoughts about having to work on that day, but they're better left unsaid. :-) While I wasn't sure that I would be ready for the kids, when they arrived I actually was. Having the two weeks off was something I definitely needed. December was hard. This group is hard, the work was hard, and dealing with Jeremy losing his job was hard. I needed the time to refresh. There were times as December dragged on that I asked myself if I was really going to be able to finish the year out. In my heart, I knew I would, but every day was a challenge. I read somewhere once a quote that said "If you love what you do, you'll never work a day in your life." As a teacher, I have to disagree with that. I love what I do, I really do, but I work hard every single day. I drive home exhausted, and I wouldn't have it any other way. If I wasn't working hard, I wouldn't be doing my best for my kids. But the breaks are nice. We have one coming up on Martin Luther King Day and then nothing until Spring Break. I'm sure I'll need the rest and relaxation by then. Last year during Spring Break we were in the hospital with Andrew's surgery. This year, hopefully, I'll be able to rest and hang out at home!

By the way, Jeremy has an interview next week for a job with the Georgia Department of Labor. Whenever you think about it, please pray that it all goes well. I'm hoping that if I can get enough people banging on God's door, he'll get tired of hearing about it and go "All right! I'll make sure he gets the job!" Hey, it's wacky theology, but it's my theology. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love your theology and will pariticpate in "annoying" God with your request about Jeremy's job. You are a wonderful teacher, and your students are lucky to have you. More than that, you are an amazing wife and mother. You are so supportive and encouraging to Jeremy, and your endless energy and patience with your boys blows me away. I honestly don't know how you do it. Keep your head up!