Thursday, January 15, 2009

Winter

I know this will seem humorous to you guys in the northern climates, but winter has arrived here in Georgia. We are expecting overnight lows of around 12 - 15 degrees. This is the coldest it's been in 6 years. With the poorly insulated houses around here, it means our house is going to be COLD! (Of course, part of that could be the fact that I keep our thermostat somewhere near 60 at night. I hate paying for heat.) I got out the boys' hats and gloves, and I even had to go to the store to buy a legitimate winter coat. I had a fleece one that I was wearing, but I accidentally left it out on the playground last Friday, and it vanished. Somebody probably needed it more than I did, but that left me with nothing. If the weather had stayed normal, I probably wouldn't have gotten one, since I only wear it on the playground, but 12 degrees is cold. Even to run from the car to the school tomorrow. I had to laugh at our principal, though. She made an announcement tonight after the kids had left telling us to not worry about spirit wear tomorrow (we can wear jeans and school spirit wear on Fridays) and dress warm. I was wondering if the county had forgotten to pay the heat since she seemed to think our school was going to be so cold!

Jeremy's interview went well, but keep praying. We'll know something in a few weeks.

No comments: