Monday, August 11, 2008

First Day of School

Today started bright and early (5:30 for me, 6:30 for the boys) at our house since it was the first day of school! This year, I get to take both Matthew and Nathan to school with me since Nathan is now in kindergarten. Nathan was very nervous and excited this morning, and I was a little worried too, since he didn't have a very good experience last year in Pre-K. But I shouldn't have worried, since he had a great day! I think his teacher will be very good for him. She has a very sweet personality, and I think she will be great for him. Here are a couple of pictures of him in his new kindergarten room.



I wasn't able to get any pictures of Matthew, cause he's in first grade now, and he's too cool for that. :-) I do have one of him at home plus one of Nathan.



Now, on to my class. I have a number of at risk students, so there will definitely be some challenges this year. Right now, I only have 17 students, and hopefully my class will stay fairly consistent. The last two years I've had what I call "my revolving door". Each year, I've had three or four leave, and three or four move in. Sometimes, I've had students stay for only a month. It's very hard to get to know a child and teach them when they are only in your room for a short time. Hopefully, this year will be more consistent, and I can really help those at-risk kids.

And, I just had to post this.


Isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen? :-)

No comments: