Monday, August 4, 2008

Back to Work!

Today was my first day back to work for the new school year. We have five days of pre-planning before the kids come next Monday. This morning was spent mostly in a large faculty meeting. We have to go over all of the faculty info for the new year, talk about any changes that have occurred, meet the new staff, have people announce pregnancies (not me!), and then we reach the most exciting part. The county has a power point presentation about Title IX, professional ethics, and sexual harrassment!! (I know you all wish you could be there.) By the end, my butt was totally numb, and I was ready for a nap. Thankfully, we got the rest of the day to work in our room. I've been in a couple of times over the last few weeks, so my furniture was all arranged, but now it's a matter of getting everything where I want it to be, plan for next week, put up bulletin boards (which I hate!), and get ready for Meet the Teacher on Thursday morning. Right now, I have 19 in my class, but that will probably change after Thursday when we have kids who don't show up and ones who register on that day.

Off to bed! It's another fun day tomorrow!

No comments: