Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Already an improvement!

After yesterday, I was a little worried about how this year would be for me. My class had a very hard time listening and following directions, and they were trying to pull things that you usually see in May (like throwing food in the cafeteria). I told Jeremy last night, that I was going to have to really crack down, which I didn't want to do. I'm more strict at the beginning of the year, but I don't really like to hand out consequences the first week of school, since the kids and I are still trying to feel each other out. But I knew I was going to have to be tough with this group. However, they were a little better today. We still had some problems, and I know I'm going to have some that will test me the entire year, but there are others that are seeming to catch on to the idea that summer is over and school has started. I was happy to see it, because this year is going to be tough enough academically for some of my students. They certainly don't need the distraction of others acting up.

No comments: