Thursday, June 25, 2009

Vacation!


My favorite picture from vacation.

The first week of June we went to the Smoky Mountains for vacation. I live in North Georgia, which is really pretty in the fall, but there's nothing that compares to the Great Smokies. The whole area is beautiful. My parents found an RV resort in Seiverville that also had cabins that people could rent. They brought their camper, we stayed in one cabin, and my brother and his family stayed in another. Our cabin faced the river, and it was really quiet. While we were a little crowded in our one room cabin, (I would have never made it as a pioneer) we had a great time. My sister-in-law, Heidi, taught Matthew to fish. He never caught anything, but he had a great time. There was also a pool, and the boys went swimming almost every day. We didn't really do a lot of touristy stuff. If you've ever been to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg, you understand what I'm saying. We did go into Gatlinburg one day and walked around. We found an old style arcade where you could play different games and earn tickets. (Think Chuck E Cheese) My dad changed $20 into quarters, and we split it among the four kids. They had a blast. Of course, after they got done playing, they had to spend their tickets. Matthew and Nathan got two paper fans, (I have no idea why) a spiderman that stretched, and a couple of huge plastic flies. They were happy, though, so I can't complain. Plus, $20 to keep everyone busy for a couple of hours really can't be beat. We also went into the national park one day and drove to Cade's Cove. There's a number of cabins and other buildings there that you can go through. We even got to see a bear while we were driving. We didn't stop to get a picture, though. Here are some of the pictures we did get.

Sitting alongside the river fishing.


Trying to take a picture with all five grandchildren

Matthew and Elli swimming in the pool.
It was a great time. I can't wait to go back next year.

No comments: