Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Nathan!



Today is Nathan's 6th birthday. We're not having a big celebration. Nathan's not very social, so he didn't want a party. He's going to Backyard Bible Club tomorrow, and then we'll go out for supper tomorrow night. Of all the restaurants we have here in the metro Atlanta area, which one did he pick? Burger King. He told me it was because they have Transformers toys. I can't stand BK. Oh well, I guess it's cheaper than O'Charley's. Then, I made him a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I convinced him to have that instead of his original choice. Vanilla (yellow) cake with white frosting. That just did not sound very appetizing.
He was also very hard to buy for. He loves to read, as you can tell from the picture, so I got him some books from Barnes and Noble. I bought a book about the skeleton, plus two Seymour Simon books about space. I wasn't really sure what else to get. So, I went to Target and wandered for awhile. I finally bought him two Lego sets, a Bakugan (don't ask), and the game Operation. Then, just as I was about ready to leave, I saw a box of Uno cards. I had to get them. I know that if my grandpa was here, he'd love to teach Uno to both Matthew and Nathan. Maybe tonight, I'll sit down with the two of them and teach them Uno over a 2 liter of Mountain Dew.

1 comment:

Julie S said...

I think you can drink the Mountain Dew in honor of grandpa but I wouldn't recommend giving any of that to Matthew or Nathan :)

Tell Nathan happy birthday and that I'm sorry that I'm not there to celebrate it with him! He'll get a very belated b-day present when I get back in the country in August!