Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I am the suburban mom

I have become something I never thought I would be. A suburban mom. Yes, it's true. I drive a mini-van, belong to a mommies group (online, no less), and sit in drafty gyms on a Tuesday night watching my kids play basketball. I even signed up for a day to bring the snack when I was there. I signed Matthew and Nathan up for Impact Basketball for the winter. It's their 5/6 instructional league which means they aren't really on a team. Right now at practice, they are rotating through stations working on their dribbling, shooting, and defense. Once the games start in January, they'll have a short practice, then play a pick-up game. They seem really excited about it right now. This runs through the middle of February, and then it's time for baseball to start up. Then, I really do look like the little mom from the suburbs with their bat bags sticking out of my stroller. Oh boy, I can't wait.

No comments: