Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Clean House

Last night when I went to bed, my house could not have been cleaner. I spent almost all day yesterday cleaning. Almost every floor surface was either mopped or swept. Both bathrooms were cleaned, and the boys helped me dust. At least they waved a dust cloth at the furniture. I gave my kitchen those once every couple of months cleaning where I pulled everything off of the counter and cleaned behind it, plus I wiped down all of the cupboard doors. Then, I used my very nifty non-chlorine bleach to clean my dish drainer, and some baking soda to clean the sink. Finally, I used the bleach to clean the mat that is in the boys' bathtub. It has suction cups to hold it to the tub, and it grows mildew pretty easily. I love the bleach. It's got hydrogen peroxide in it, so it's not as caustic as regular bleach. Plus, when I'm done, my hands don't stink, and I don't have to worry about pollution. It degrades into oxygen and water. (I once knew the chemical equation, but it's been a long time since I was in Mr. Roth's chemistry class!)

When all that was done, I did the laundry for all of us. So at the end of last night, the whole house was clean, and all of the clothes had been washed. By tonight? We could probably do at least one load of laundry, and the family room and kitchen need to be swept. My work is never done. But I'm going to bed now, since I have Math Institute tomorrow. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I saw Mr. Roth and Mr. Delio this past month. They are looking old! Mr. Roth hasn't changed much. Just older, but he did recognize me and asked how Jason was doing too. He was not surprised when I told him Jason has his doctorate.