Sunday, May 25, 2008

Updates from the Last Week


It's been a busy week for us. Last Monday, Matthew's baseball team won their division tournament! It was such an exciting game. Matthew had two RBI's and scored one run. The final score was 16 - 15. (There's not a whole lot of defense in T-ball. The scores would be a lot higher if they didn't have the rule that you can only score four runs per inning.) I think the parents were more excited about it than the kids. When the game was over, their coach had to tell them they had won the tournament. It was great to watch. It was, however, very late when we got home. We stopped at Bruster's, a local ice cream shop, for ice cream sundaes as a celebration. Plus, Nathan had decided that making dirt angels in Georgia's red clay was a good idea and Matthew was digging in the dirt as well, so baths were in order when we got home as well. I'm not missing baseball season at all right now.


Then, Wednesday was the last day of school. Matthew had a picnic at school, and Jeremy went and ate lunch with him. Since he didn't want to take Andrew outside in the sun, he got to come and hang out with me and the 2nd graders while we watched "Cars". Of course, one of my lovely friends, who has been my most difficult student all year, decided he needed to tell me exactly what I needed to do when Andrew starting fussing. Yes, thank you.

So, since I posted pictures of Matthew and Nathan before school on the first day of school, I'd thought I'd post pictures of them at dinner on the last day of school. (It's really because I forgot to take any pictures of them before school, but don't tell them!)










Finally, even Andrew had some excitement. He got to start solid food on Saturday. OK, so it's not as exciting as winning a tournament or finishing the school year, but it's still exciting. Besides, it's something we all have to achieve. Of course, I had to take pictures of him!
Well, that's about all for the last week. This week, I have absolutely nothing planned except for Nathan's team party. Other than that, I plan to stay home and be a bum. I know it's lazy, but my summer will be busy enough, so I'm calling this my week of vacation.

No comments: