Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!


It's a fairly quiet Christmas day at our house. We don't have any family in town, so we're taking the day pretty slow. Jeremy and Matthew are at Alvin and the Chipmunks right now. I was planning to take the boys during break, but Nathan was adament about not going, so we decided on this instead. Nathan's playing with his toys, and Andrew's trying to sleep.


Here are the boys in their Christmas pajamas. I started a new tradition this year of buying them each new pajamas and having them open them after we got back from our Christmas Eve service. Andrew didn't get any this year, but I'm already planning a trip to Old Navy for next year since their prices before Christmas couldn't be beat. I went over on Friday and had to force myself out of the store, or I would've bought their entire winter wardrobe for next year.



It looked like I had gotten a ton of gifts, and the pile was bigger than I had planned, but looking at them last night I realized that the only gift I spent more than $20 for was Jeremy's. He got a cordless drill. I know, it's a little boring, but we needed it. He bought me new glasses since the ones we have in the cupboard are wedding gifts. I even went discount on their stockings. I went to Dollar Tree last week and spent $15 to fill their stockings. I probably won't be able to do that for much longer, but right now they were thrilled. They seemed pretty happy with this year's gifts. Nothing really needs to be assembled, and the only things that needs batteries is Matthew's digital camera (so he can stop using mine!). I even bought gifts for Andrew. The boys had a great time opening them for him.

All in all, it's been a good Christmas. We went to the Christmas Eve service at our church along with 2000 of our closest friends. The place was packed. They actually had to put chairs up in the foyer which is where we sat. Nathan lasted through most of it until the sermon, then Jeremy took him downstairs to walk around. Matthew did pretty well, too. Andrew slept through most of it, so he was the easiest. We want to try and do this every year. Now that they're getting older, I want to start some of these traditions that we can continue year after year.


Merry Christmas to you all.


No comments: