Friday, December 28, 2007

First Month, First X-Ray

I took Andrew in for his one month check-up yesterday. The nurse must have thought I was a brand-new mom, since I had about five things I was concerned about. He's had a lot of trouble with spitting up (just reflux) and congestion (nothing major). I was also a little worried about his head shape. It seems like he has a ridge running across the top of his head from front to back, but I figured I noticed it because the poor kid is bald. The Dr. was a little more worried. They said there's a chance that his skull bones have fused early since his forehead and the back of his head bulge a little. It's called craniosynostosis. So they wanted me to take him over to Children's Health to have his head x-rayed. After today, I think I'm the one that needs my head examined, but that's another topic! So after trying the orthopedic clinic close to me fifty times only to have no one answer the phone, and finding out that the Benefits office at the school system didn't turn in my paperwork on time so he had no insurance, I was finally able to get everything straightened out and get to the hospital for the x-rays. Unfortunately, it was after 5, so I won't hear anything from the Dr.'s office until Monday at the earliest. We keep joking that he's going to be our high maintenence one, and it looks like it's turning out that way!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was wondering what you found out today. I will check back to your blog on Monday to see if what you learned.