Saturday, December 31, 2011

The Blog is Back!!

The blog returns from the moth balls it's been stored in for the last six and a half months.  What can I say?  It's been a busy time.  Baby Girl arrived here on July 27th, and she has kept us hopping.  (In a good way).  Plus, I finished my masters degree, went back to work, and kept everyone fed and clothed.  (which is more of a miracle than you might imagine.)  I debated for awhile about just deleting the blog, because most everyone I know who lives far away is Facebook friends with me, so they can keep up with all of our escapades.  But, I've decided to take the blog in a new direction.

So, where are we going?  Well, I've been on the beginnings of a journey to try and eat healthier.  I stumbled across this blog a few months ago, and it's been something that's made me think.  I know that we were eating far too much processed food (even the stuff that's supposed to be "good" for us), so I'm going to try and cut as much of it out as I can.  While I'm not going as far as she does, I hope that by the end of the year 90 - 95% of our food will not be whole foods.  My hope is that we'll feel better, I'll lose weight, and Nathan's ADHD symptoms will decrease.  Plus, I truly believe that we will save money!

Over the next few weeks and months, I hope to share recipes I've found (or created!), plus some techniques that I've discovered to help us eat healthier and get more organized.

Oh, and don't worry.  There will definitely still be cute baby and kid pictures.  Plus, since it's an election year, you may hear the occasional political rant.  Hey, I did say I was opinionated, didn't I?

No comments: