Sunday, June 12, 2011

Updating

This week, we slowed down a bit.  The older two boys had an evening sports camp at a local church.  (Well, Nathan signed up for Weird Science and Large Group Games.  That's about as sporty as he gets.)  It was set up like a VBS, but with a sports focus.  They seemed to have a great time, and Andrew loved being by himself in the evenings.

This week, he'll love it even more, because Nathan is off to Cub Scout Day Camp all week, and Matthew will be going to another VBS with a friend from school.  (Sending my boys off to every free VBS in the county.  That's how I roll!)  So, Andrew will have the house to himself every morning!  Of course, he may not get too much of a chance to enjoy it.  Monday, we're going to go to storytime at the library, and Wednesday is his big doctor's visit.  We haven't been to see the neurosurgeon for two years, and this was our summer for a follow-up.  I'm assuming that we'll either be cleared completely, or he'll want us back again in two years before we're released.  One visit makes for a long day.  It's about a 45 minute drive, and then we'll wait for a good hour for a 30 minute or so visit.  But, I am thankful that we live so close to Children's Healthcare.  If we were still in Indiana, the trip would be a whole day, since the only pediatric neurosurgeons work out of Riley in Indianapolis.

Speaking of hospitals, I'll be checking in to one on July 27th to meet this little one!  At my visit on Monday, the doctor and I were able to come to an agreement on a date.  I was hoping for July 25th, but they won't schedule c-sections until you are 39 weeks exactly, and that puts us at the 27th.  I was OK with that, because it's still in that week.  I didn't want to go into the next week, because that puts us right up against school, and I really need to be home for those final preparations (both for the boys and for my classroom).

Our last bit of news is that Jeremy may have full time job!  We got word today that it looks like everything is a go, but I don't want to say too much and jinx it.  (We've had way too many ups and downs for me to risk anything!)  Hopefully, we'll get final confirmation this week.  That will definitely be an answer to prayer as we get ready to add one more person to our household!

No comments: