Saturday, November 13, 2010

I Succeeded. . .

in living off of the food in my pantry for a week!  Yes, I know it doesn't sound like a huge accomplishment, but it is for me.  I'm the kind of person who can't just look in my pantry and freezer and be able to figure out a meal.  I need a plan.  Usually, I plan out my meals (or e-mealz does it for me), and then I know what I'm having every day.  Unfortunately, last Friday I left all of my coupons, my e-mealz plan, and my grocery list from Publix on the printer at school.  I went out and bought a few things for the weekend, thinking that I would go out either Monday or Tuesday night.  But this week was conference week, and Monday, Nathan had Cub Scouts and Matthew had basketball, so no time to shop.  So here's what we ended up with for the week:

  • Monday - Cheese Jambalaya with Chicken
  • Tuesday - Smothered steak with roasted potatoes (Yukon Gold potatoes are the BEST!)
  • Wednesday - KidzLife
  • Thursday - Spaghetti - My CSA share had the tiniest carrots you've ever seen in it, so I chopped a couple of them up and threw them in the spaghetti sauce.
  • Friday - Smoked Sausage and Mac and Cheese
  • Tonight - Pizza (I did have to go get some mozarella cheese.)
Not bad if I do say so myself!  But, I did make sure that I brought all of my stuff home this weekend, so I can shop.  I doubt we could go another week!

No comments: