Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trouble Already!

Well, it's the second day of school, and Matthew already got his first yellow light. His teacher uses green, yellow, and red stamps to show what kind of day he's had. He apparently hit another child who was teasing him, and so he had to sit in time out. I was NOT a happy camper with him. He and I had a "come to Jesus" meeting right there in my classroom at 3 pm this afternoon. We also discussed the serious consequences that might arise if he brought home another yellow light. Our school sells ice cream bars everyday to help pay for our lunch monitors, and I've told him he could buy ice cream on Fridays. However, I said another yellow light this week would mean no ice cream. So, of course, my little smart aleck pops off with, "Well, there are red lights, too." I informed him that he probably did not want to find out what would happen if he brought home a red light. We'll see how it goes. I can't believe it. The second day of school, and the teacher's kid is a delinquent. Aren't the teacher's kids always the worst ones? :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's funny! Not even Brock got his color changed the first week of school! Ha! Ha!

Carrie said...

It gets worse. He ended up with red lights yesterday and today! Jeremy and I joked there's nothing for him but bread and water this weekend.