Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's Official!

I just finished talking to my mentor at Western Governors University, and I'm officially enrolled in my first two masters classes. The orientation course is a kind of get to know you course. If you don't finish it, you don't have to pay for it. Now, I'm on the hook for tuition. Or Sallie Mae is since they're borrowing me the money to go back to school. I'm enrolled in Introduction to Special Education, Law & Legal Issues Policies and Procedures; and Literature Reviews for Educational Research. They sound fun, don't they? Both of them are introductory courses which involve a lot of reading and learning of terms and procedures. The Literature Review course will also get me started on my capstone project (think masters thesis). During that one, I'll get assigned a capstone chair who will help guide me through the entire process. During my last term, I'll write the project and then have to present an oral defense of it. That's the one thing that has me worried. I've never done any sort of big research project, so this will all be new to me. But before I get to all that, I have to get through the next three terms and lots of classes. Guess I better go start studying now.

No comments: