Sunday, August 16, 2009

Musings about our First Week

One thing I will say for the first week of school: It seemed to zip by. It feels like it was just Monday morning, and suddenly I'm already getting ready for another week of school.

Nathan's love/hate relationship with school has not diminished over the summer. On the way to school on Monday, he was complaining about how he didn't want to go. I told him he could be miserable for the next 179 days, but on the first day of school he had to pretend to be happy!

Matthew still hasn't learned that there are times when he needs to zip it so his teacher can talk.

Even though I hoped that starting school would cut down somewhat on the fighting, that hasn't proved to be the case.

I think I'm going to really enjoy my group this year. I had a fabulous first week. While I was exhausted at the end of it, I had a great time. I'm diving headfirst into both Writer's Workshop and organizing my reading time around something called "The Daily 5". Both went really well, and I'm very excited about the rest of the year!

On another note. Andrew's surgery is this Friday. I still don't know what time it will be. I'm not sure if I will take my laptop or not with me to the hospital. Either way, I will be sure to post something by Friday evening.

1 comment:

Jessica Evans said...

Great Musings! Love their handsome pics!! Hope everything goes well Friday-will be keeping you guys in my thought and prayers.