Wednesday, April 8, 2009

One Year Ago Today

I can't believe that it was a year ago that Andrew had his surgery to correct his sagittalsynostosis. It seems like it was only yesterday that we were even finding out that there was a problem, and before I knew it, we had surgery scheduled. I've had people ask me if it was difficult, and, while it was in some ways, in other ways it wasn't as hard as I imagined it would be. I think he was so little that he didn't know enough to be afraid. I didn't really have to deal with his fear, and, honestly, the months after his diagnosis were such a whirlwind that I didn't really have time to worry. But we made it through, and we've made it from here:


This is the day after surgery when his face was starting to swell up from the fluid.
To this:

This is after Matthew's birthday. We tied a couple of the balloons Matthew got to the table so Andrew could beat them around!

No comments: