Monday, March 2, 2009

What a Day!

It's 5:00 pm, and I'm sitting here writing as I smell fresh baked bread, apple crisp, and roasted potatoes baking away. Plus my counter top is clean, the clothes are washed and put away, and I've checked off about 10 things off of my "Things I Really Have to Get To" list. Oh, and I even trimmed Andrew's hair! How did I do all this?



First, modern inventions. The bread is in the bread machine, and the apple crisp is in the crock-pot. (The recipe is from this fabulous site I just found.) But it's also because it looked like this outside my front door this morning.



Yes, people, that is snow and ice outside my front door. Since it's the South, and ice makes people curl up into a fetal position under their beds, we had a snow day today! March 2nd in Atlanta, Georgia, and I enjoyed a snow day today. There aren't words for the fabulousness of it. Plus, since I had gotten everything done on Saturday (Read: grocery shopping), I was able to get some of those things done that I've wanted to do, but haven't ever found the time for (Read: make fresh bread). Unfortunately, the snow is melted away, so it's back to work/school tomorrow.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe they canceled school for that!

Carrie said...

No plows and salt trucks, plus the roads are really hilly, so it can get really slippery. And, I'm already starting to lose my touch driving on slippery roads just from being here two years! The natives have no clue.