Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I've Made My Selection

Well, I've finally made my selection. I did the research, pondered the choice, and decided today what I wanted. And the choice I made. . .Cigna Healthcare.

Oh, you thought I was talking about the election? I voted for Obama there. (Apparently, it's not going to matter too much since NBC just gave Georgia to McCain.)

The big decision I had to make was health insurance. Every year, we have open enrollment where we have to literally sign up for our insurance again. Last year was easy. I logged onto the website. Confirmed my choices, and was done in the space of about 5 minutes. This year was a little harder. I got a letter last July telling me that the State Health Benefit Plan was no longer offering Blue Cross Blue Shield. Since I was very happy with my insurance, I was a little peeved. The only companies that were available were United Healthcare or Cigna. The premiums were the same for both, so normally, I wouldn't stress about it since if I have to switch doctors, I just do. I don't have too much loyalty to a doctor since I got so rarely, but this time I had to make sure that I chose an insurance company that had Andrew's neurosurgeon as a provider. It took me a little while on both of their websites, but finally, I was able to find his doctor on the Cigna website. He wasn't on the United Healthcare site, so my decision was easy. I logged on and made my choice. I'm glad that's over for another year. Now, I just need to decide if I want a Flexible Savings Account for daycare expenses. Fun.

1 comment:

Linda said...

OMG! I hope Cigna serves you better than they did my family! They were the WORST at payouts, losing paperwork, requesting reasons for visits, and on and on and on. I hate them with a passion! Good luck!