Saturday, January 19, 2008

Once Every Four Years - Just Like the Olympics

We have snow here in Georgia! Here's a picture of the house.




According to the weather pundits, this only happens about once every four years or so. The boys have had fun playing in it. They both went out a couple of times today.



I went to the store earlier today to get our groceries for the week, and it was funny to watch everyone. One lady was telling the woman with her that they needed to stop at the gas station when they were done because she was on a half a tank, and she wanted to fill up since it was snowing. Another womans was stocking up on batteries in case the power went out. The lady in front of me spent almost $250 in groceries. Unless she has ten children, they'll have enough food to last them through until spring. Everyone was giving my cart funny glances. I was only buying what we needed for the week, and since I had already gone to the Farmer's Market earlier, I had more health and beauty items than I did food. It's supposed to be 40 tomorrow, so all of this snow will melt away by mid-afternoon. It will be slippery in the morning since we're expecting temperatures in the teens tonight. All of the roads are wet right now, so when it freezes tonight they'll get icy. It is really pretty though. Here's a shot of our yard from the back deck.



I have to be honest, this is the way I like snow. It looks pretty outside, it's not too hard to drive in, and it'll all melt by tomorrow! Can't complain too much.

Quick update on Andrew. We go to see the neurosurgeon on Wednesday, so hopefully we'll have a better idea of what's happening after that visit.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's funny how they all freak out like that! I remember when I lived in Kentucky they cancelled school because of flurries! Too funny!