Saturday, November 17, 2007

I am a terrible, horrible person

I took a bath tonight. Now, before you start laughing, we are 78 days away from the end of the (easy) water supply here in Atlanta. But I wanted a bath so badly tonight I figured what the heck. I have become anal-retentive about water in the last few months. I turn my water off when I'm brushing my teeth, when I'm washing my hands, actually pretty much all of the time. (I still haven't gotten into the habit of turning it off while soaping up in the shower, but I'm sure that's coming.) I'm forever after the boys about walking away from the sink while the water is still running, and I think Jeremy's even tired of me nagging him to turn the water off. I'm even to the point of adjusting the water in the washing machine so it doesn't go above the level of the clothes even an inch. And don't even get me started on my agonizing over the dishwasher. Am I using more water running the dishwasher (full, mind you) every three days or washing the dishes in the sink? Life in the middle of a drought is HARD. But I do have times when I blow it off, like tonight. This is probably the first bath I've taken in months. But it felt so good, and I'm three weeks away from having a baby, so I think I deserve a little bit of leeway. Who knows, if it doesn't rain soon, we'll be down to sponge baths.

By the way, if you get a chance, say a prayer for my parents tonight. They got home from Mississippi tonight and discovered that their house had been broken into. It sounds like the only thing taken was the computer, but my mom was pretty shaken up about it. It stinks that they are in Mississippi for a week helping people who still don't have their homes rebuilt two years later, and they have to come home to this.

No comments: